Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Farmall C in-progress oil on panel by Paul Baldassini

Please contact me via email:
paul@baldassinifineart.com

“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.”  — Joseph Chilton Pearce


Purchase or recommend this painting to a collector who makes a purchase and receive a plein air field study FREE!  
contact paul@baldassinifineart.com for details

I have been quite busy with paying commercial work for the past 5 weeks or so, and have finally found some time to prepare new panels and  start a new painting.  It's an old Farmall C that belongs to a neighbor at the end of my street.  Several of his old tractors have ended up in previous works, but this is the first painting of one of his Farmall tractors. I particularly like the double front wheel and the rather wide spaced rear wheels.

There was no need to composite two or more images along with an invented background to create this composition.  I managed to get everything I wanted and needed in just a single reference shot, which rarely happens. The usual digital editing in the way of  contrast and tonal  adjustments and color tweaking, and I was off and running.

P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment